Social Media

facebook-button

Monday, June 30, 2014

Bret Michaels Early Bands: Spectres and Paris

In a time where there weren't cellphones with built-in cameras everywhere, I give all the credit for the info and photos below to the webpage MetalSludge.tv -- that is where I FINALLY found some pictures of the early Bret Michaels bands, Spectres (formed in 1979 with Rikki Rockett) and Paris (formed in 1983 with Rikki Rockett, Matt Smith and Bobby Dall.)

Bret Michaels' first band, "Laser", was formed in Bret's basement and probably doesn't have many photos attached to its name and existence (however if there ARE some out there, please share! :) )

I've heard some songs from "Paris" but none from "Spectres" so I'd love to come across some of those tracks someday.

Anyway, below are some photos that I finally was able to dig up, from Bret's Spectres and Paris days.
I love it :)  I know people, including celebs I imagine, don't like seeing outdated photos of themselves, but to me, as to any Bret/Poison fan I imagine, these are treasures :)

SPECTRES - formed by Rikki Rockett and Bret Michaels.


I don't know when these photos are from, but somewhere between 1979 and 1983.

(And is it me, or has Rikki not changed at all through the years? I mean, his hairstyle has changed a lot but I can pretty much recognize his photos no matter how far back they go :) )






PARIS 


Upper Left: Bobby Dall, Upper Right: Matt Smith
Bottom Left: Rikki Rockett, Bottom Right: Bret Michaels



($3 to rock with Bret???? The boy has come a looooong way since $3 a ticket!!)





No comments:

Post a Comment